Friday, September 4, 2009

I'll take "Hypocrisy" for $100, Alex!

I was just accused of rigid thinking and obsessive single-mindedness by somebody who refuses to look beyond her own ludicrous notions of how the universe "works."

What was it that I said to provoke her? Well, I think it was something like "how does your explanation account for _____?" And "don't all the instances of _______ seem to suggest otherwise?" Oh yeah, and "doesn't it seem more likely that _______, or even that _______?"

You know, all kinds of rigid and single-minded questions like those. Man!

And because I had the nerve to present examples that did not fit into this person's theory and then (OMG!) suggested that there may be a more plausible explanation than the one she offered, I was accused of having only one explanation for everything and sticking to it like glue...

... hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Okay, you probably had to be there.

But still, hypocrisy is pretty hilarious once you get past the initial offense and sheer WTF-ery of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment